We've discussed how eating the right foods can benefit your skin. Well just like the changing of the seasons, it's a good rule of thumb to change up what you eat seasonally as well. Here are the Summer Beauty Foods that will keep you satiated and keep your skin healthy.
There are many reasons to love Summertime but cherries takes that love to a whole new level! Besides just simply being delicious they pack quite the nutrient punch!
- Contains Quercetin, which is an antioxidant that prevents UV damage and is important for blocking wrinkles caused by inflammation & reduces redness
- Contains Anthocyanins (pigment molecules) help firm skin and connective tissues keeping the skin strong and youthful. It also protects DNA from oxidative damage.
Fan favorite around here for sure! Cucumbers are perfect anytime of the year and have amazing benefits for skin and hair. Make sure you have these on hand at all times.
- Contains The mineral silicon which is essential for connective tissue, skins moisture and elasticity.
- 95% water and only 45 calories for a whole cucumber.
Yes! It's the perfect summer food. Celery has a healthy balance of sodium and potassium makes it a natural diuretic to help you flush your body of excess fluid. Perfect for keeping slim and keeping down summer bloat.
- Celery's Silicon supports skin elasticity and hydration
- Defends against inflammation and wrinkles
Famously known as Sophia Loren's beauty secret, Tomatoes are said to keep your skin supple and glowing.
Probably Summer's favorite fruit, it's incredibly delicious and hydrating. Watermelon contains 92% water and you can eat the whole thing, yes even the green part. A member of the cucumber family, skin and health benefits are contained in everything down to the rind.
Loaded wth Vitamins A, C, B
Contains Iron that helps maintain red blood cell production
Boost Collagen levels.
Eating fruits and vegetables this Summer doesn't have to be just about keeping your bikini body. Your summer treats can also be about Having healthy looking skin and being comfortable in it!!
Be comfortable in your skin